Tired and hungry? You’re not alone. Millions of people suffer from poor sleep which has been linked to a number of health problems including weight gain. Not only can a lack of sleep make you more hungry by putting your hunger hormones out of balance, you’re more likely to reach for a sugar fix as your brain is looking for a quick source of energy. Research has shown sleep deprivation can impair your ability to drive the same way as drinking too much alcohol and can leave you feeling lethargic, irritable and stressed.
We all want to wake refreshed with a clear head ready to start our day full of energy but what if you’re tossing and turning all night, your mind won’t shut down or you’re sick of counting sheep? Try these tips to help you get a good night’s sleep.
- Keep it regular: try to go to sleep and wake up at the same time each day and aim for 7-8 hours per night.
- Prepare: Don’t eat, drink or do vigorous exercise two hours before bedtime and avoid caffeine after 2pm. Limit alcohol consumption as even though alcohol may help you get to sleep, it will cause you to wake and have broken sleep.
- Put away the phone: Have screen free time an hour before going to bed and don’t take electronic devices to bed with you.
- Breath: If you have trouble falling to sleep, read a book, meditate or concentrate on your breathing.
- Take: Two Reliv Defense capsules before going to bed. Defense contains adaptogens, known for their ability to help your body handle stress and zinc, which can help increase the amount and quality of sleep.
Hear the Benefits
Watch this video from Reliv’s new Product Consultant Peter Griscom as he explains, in simple terms, how stress can weaken your immune system and the myriad of benefits of Reliv Defense* in supporting a healthy immune response.
*Order Reliv Defense by calling the Australian office on 1800 066 186. Orders are charged in NZ dollars, delivery takes one to two weeks and costs NZ$15 for one to six bottles of Reliv Defense, LunaRich X™ or a combination of both!