Not naturally a morning person? Struggle to get everything done in the day? Try waking up 15-30 minutes earlier, so you’ll have ample time for one (or more) of our following healthy living tips that are sure to get you ready for the day ahead.
- Give Thanks: Spend some time as soon as you wake up to think about all that you are thankful for. It can be the same thing every day or something different: your partner; a much-loved pet; your job; the sun, which has finally peered through after days of rain. If you like, jot down what you’re grateful for in a journal, so it’s there to remind you on those tough days.
- Stretch it out: To start your day in a healthy way, take a moment to ground your thoughts by stretching and breathing. It will leave you feeling energized, focused and ready to start your day.
- Enjoy a wholesome breakfast: After going hours without food you finally get up in the morning and need lots of energy to kick start the day. Only breakfast can provide you with this energy. If you’re short on time or don’t like a big meal, make a quick Reliv Shake and you’re ready to go!
- Make a list: Avoid rushing around all day trying to remember all that you have to get done by taking time out of your morning to make a to-do list. There’s nothing more satisfying than crossing things off that list.
- Make a call: Enjoy a quick catch-up session with a friend, family member or follow up with someone you’ve shared Reliv with. You’ll be left feeling connected all day long.
- Hop on the treadmill for 30 minutes: Studies find that people who work out in the morning are more likely to stick with their exercise regimen. Get your workout out of the way early so you don’t have all day to come up with diversions and excuses. Plus, you will produce endorphins that will last most of the day.
- Prepare your lunch: Don’t be forced to grab takeaway. Put together a balanced lunch in the morning with protein and some fresh vegetables that will keep you energized throughout the afternoon.
- Just read: When’s the last time you had time to read something other than your emails in the morning? With 15 extra minutes you can read the newspaper or a chapter in your book before work.
- Make music a Staple: Music can boost your mood. Play music throughout your morning routine that makes you feel inspired, invigorated and ready to take on anything!
- Clean up: Make your bed, wipe down surfaces, or do a quick scrub of your kitchen. Keeping your house free of lingering germs will keep you healthy, and there’s nothing better than coming home to a clean house.
- Practice affirmations:Choose an affirmation to start your day off on a strong and positive note. Find something that motivates you and keeps you focused on your long-term goals. This takes way less than 15 minutes and can transform much more than just your morning routine. Let’s bring on the day ahead!
What are some of your healthy living tips? Share them with us on Facebook and keep the conversation going