If you have kids or grandkids, it can be difficult to squeeze in a workout. But if you include them, you have a built-in fitness friend! Just keep the moves simple and find ways to interject a little competitive fun. For example, challenge them to see who can do the most jumping jacks in 30 seconds. You can even break a sweat together with one of the Fit3 workouts.
Kids and teens should get 60 minutes or more of moderate to vigorous physical activity daily. It can be tough to tear them away from their electronic babysitters, but it can be done and you can still get in a good workout too.
Here are a few ideas to get the whole family moving:
- Turn household chores into a game
- Crank up the tunes for a dance party during TV ad breaks
- Walk or run for a charity special to your family
- Ride your bikes to the grocery store
- Do community service or volunteer work together
- Have a weekly sports night
- Make up a playground workout
- Use your kids as “weights” when you strength train
- Run relay races in the backyard while picking up sticks
- Compete to see who can rake the biggest pile of leaves
Find out what works for your schedule and for your family’s lifestyle and you will end up having so much fun!
The possibilities are endless when it comes to helping your family stay active, and Reliv offers a simple solution in giving your whole family quality nutrition that supports an active lifestyle. You can put that spring in your step with a power-packed Nourish shake, plus Reliv Nourish for Kids provides that solid foundation of nutrition support that kids need to perform their best today, and grow into healthy adults!
“Dinner time was depressing with my children fighting every mouthful. So I started adding the Nourish for Kids to their milk and they look forward to their shake every morning after breakfast – it’s just routine now! It gives me peace of mind knowing they’re getting all the vitamins and minerals they need.” Leanne